Dental treatments are now better and faster than ever before. Today, people no longer have to undergo long and painful treatments to correct dental issues. Technology has advanced over the years and the field of dental study has benefitted greatly. It is now possible to solve dental issues without spending too much time or money. It is convenient and safe. And most importantly, dental treatments, like dental crowns, are now painless and look absolutely natural!
A very common dental procedure that many people opt for is a dental crown. It is also commonly referred to as a ‘cap’. Like a normal cap it is placed over a tooth to cover it and restore original and natural shape and size. It gives back the natural strength, appearance and feel! A well-fit crown looks exactly like the other natural teeth. A crown may be required in several situations. When a weak or decayed tooth breaks or cracks, it may need to be held together by a crown. Sometimes, a deep hole is created and most of the original tooth may be lost, in such a situation. A crown will help restore the tooth. Crowns are also used to hold dental bridges together. Some people simply opt for a crown to enhance dental visibility and appearance. Crowns are used and are safe for people of all age groups – from small children to senior citizens.
What Are Dental Crowns Made Of?
Dental Crowns can be made using a range of materials. Depending on your specific need, requirement and budget, Dr. Tu may recommend a crown made from – stainless steel, metals, porcelain fused to metal, resin, ceramic, porcelain or various other options. Each of these has its own sustainability. It is usually a two visit job and requires basic maintenance. It is painless and a great way to restore you beautiful and original smile!
- Ceramic: These are commonly used for restoring front teeth because they can blend with your natural tooth color. It is made of porcelain based material.
- Porcelain-fused to metal shell: These are much stronger than porcelain because they are connected to a metal structure. These are long lasting and attractive
- Gold alloys: This crown is a mix of copper, gold and other metals. Its benefit is the strong bond it provides to the tooth by not fracturing or wearing away.
- Base metal alloys: This crown is made up of lesser -noble metals and is corrosion resistant. The advantage of this crown is that it only requires least amount of good tooth to be chiseled out before fitting. Alloys are stronger than porcelain and are generally recommended for the back teeth.
We Recommend Dental Crowns to:
- Protect a weak tooth before it fractures.
- Restore a broken tooth.
- Attach a bridge or cover an implant.
- Camouflage a discolored or misshapen tooth.
- Cover excessively worn off tooth.
- Replace a large filling when most of the tooth has chipped off and
- Cover a tooth that has just had a root canal treatment.
Design Dental provides professional dental services in North Liberty, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and surrounding areas. Dr. S. Jeremy Tu and his team of dental experts in North Liberty IA provide personal care and ensure individual attention for each and every patient. A dental crown treatment at Design Dental is sure to be a long lasting treatment for you. Our procedures are done using only standard and quality equipment that are advanced and improved. We ensure a hassle free treatment for all our patients and provide all information necessary. Our main aim and objective is to provide each and every patient with complete dental satisfaction.